UK Parliamentary questions about B12

Discussion and links to research and other forms of information about PA

Moderators: Missy, hampster, martyn, coryad, BeeNumber12, kimks mom, Vix, AndreaM, japatchett

UK Parliamentary questions about B12

Postby hedgehog » Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:17 am

Hi,

I just wondered if any of you have links to UK parliamentary questions about B12.

Has anyone ideas about what questions I ( or anyone else ) could get my MP to ask in parliament about B12.

I can't find any links to questions asked in Westminster but did find some links to questions in Scottish Parliament.

b12d.org/uk-parliament-early-day-motion-edm-1299-b12-awareness

http://www.himsps.org.uk/.../speech-on- ... itamin-b12

Do any of you know how to get an APPG started (All Party Parliamentary Group)? From what I have looked at there is no current group for Pernicious Anaemia and B12 deficiency.
hedgehog

Re: UK Parliamentary questions about B12

Postby anotherwithpa » Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:31 pm

There is a topic about UK parliament here:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=10482&hilit=UK+Parliament

To get your MP to ask a question you just write to him with that question (or go and see him / her ). The first question my MP asked for me took ages to get answered as it went to the healthminister then to food advise as they had not heard of B12 def.
I've asked questions about treatment mainly, got some interesting answers , the best one being the lead to BNF that we then did not know about etc, but also some bad answers, a lot of passing the buck answers. Its your GP who is responsible, PCT, local lab, oh to much to follow.

There has been a lot of lobbying of the UK parliament by PAS, some more info here:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=11317&hilit=healthminister

Also several questions asked etc, its a bit spread on the forum but using the search option should bring up a lot,
Kind regards
Marre.
anotherwithpa

Return to Information & Research