Bleeding Gums

The day-to-day experience of people with PA, including experiences at work and medical conditions that might be related to PA

Moderators: Missy, hampster, martyn, coryad, BeeNumber12, kimks mom, Vix, AndreaM, japatchett

Bleeding Gums

Postby hedgehog » Fri May 16, 2014 7:44 am

I have read that bleeding gums can be associated with B12 deficiency.

I have had bleeding gums for several years. Plesae can someone explain how B12 deficiency can cause gums to bleed or give me a link to an article on teh subject.

Thanks for your help.
hedgehog

Re: Bleeding Gums

Postby BeeNumber12 » Fri May 16, 2014 9:15 pm

Hi there:) I googled bleeding gums and found this connection to anemia: http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency ... 003062.htm

Are your gums also pale? see here:
http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health//dci/Di ... a_all.html

Perhaps have a look at copies of your blood tests to see if there is anything relevant mentioned on the two NIH medical web links.
Regards,
Dorothy
Please independently check any information or advice, by reading from or questioning reputable sources, before acting on it.
BeeNumber12

Re: Bleeding Gums AND B12 anemia

Postby BeeNumber12 » Fri May 16, 2014 9:56 pm

Regards,
Dorothy
Please independently check any information or advice, by reading from or questioning reputable sources, before acting on it.
BeeNumber12

Re: Bleeding Gums

Postby hampster » Sun May 18, 2014 5:14 pm

Yes I completely failed with the link, this is the full version to copy and paste, you just need to put www. at the beginning:

bcshguidelines.com/documents/BCSH_Cobalamin_and_Folate_Guidelines_(2).docx.pdf

Chris x
hampster

Return to Living with PA